Six months after my LASIK eye surgery! It’s fantastic that I no longer have to wear glasses or contact lenses!
There were certain things I knew that I’d enjoy, like waking up in the morning and be able to see. You often hear dramatic life changing stories after LASIK or other corrective eye surgery, but it’s the little things that have made my life much more enjoyable. Instead of saying the same things you’ve probably already heard, here are are 10 unexpected pleasures after LASIK surgery that I’ve experienced.
- On cold winter days coming into a warm house and being able to see
- Not having to clean my glasses with my t-shirt (which is what you’re not supposed do).
- Only having to carry my sunglasses around. No more swapping between my prescription glasses and my prescription sunglasses. Also wearing a pair of normal sunglasses without needing contact lenses!
- Looking into the viewfinder of my DSLR camera! Makes taking photos much easier!
- Looking down at the ground and not have to worry about my glasses falling off my face (my lenses were very heavy even though they were high-index).
- Taking my sunglasses off my face while driving my car and still able to see! How many times have you swapped between wearing prescription lenses and prescription sunglasses while driving?
- When exercising my glasses would slide down my nose because I’m sweating – fantastic that this doesn’t occur any more!
- Having a nap and not accidentally crushing my glasses.
- No more awkward moments going up and down stairs! The strength of my prescription lenses slightly warped my peripheral vision – I never knew how much it was unconsciously used for balance.
- No more fearing the hair dresser. I can finally see what she’s doing while my hair is being cut!
Thank you TLC Laser Eye Centers, specifically the Waterloo, Ontario location for improving my vision!